- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Adorable Image of Preemie Baby Smiling at Just 5 Days Old Goes Viral
The internet is going crazy for this beautiful premature baby and her massive smile.
A little cutie has won over the world with her smile — as she was was just five days old and weighed a teeny 3 pounds 14 ounces. Proud mom Lauren Vinje of the U.K. posted the image on the Love What Matters Facebook group, where it’s since gone viral, being shared around the world.
“Our first daughter at five days old. 3 lbs. 14 oz., she was happy to be alive!” Vinje wrote of her prematurely born infant. “This picture was one I looked at often to get me through the ups and downs of our NICU days. Life is so precious.”
Since the image was posted on Oct. 16, it’s received more than 289,000 likes and 36,000 shares.
Of the 8,000-plus comments, many are from people whose own children were premature but are now doing well.
Ashlee Rachelle Loveless posted a picture (below) of her twins, born at 26 weeks and weighing only 1 pound 11 ounces each, writing, “Spent nearly 80 days in the nicu…Today is their 5th birthday.”