Two-Year-Old Chokes To Death On Bubblegum In Australian Kmart Store

Keep Reading ↓

A two-year-old boy has choked to death on a piece of bubblegum, at a Kmart store in Perth, Australia.

The incident happened last Monday in the Joondalup store, in the city’s north.

The boy has been named as Essa Rahman, who was with his mother in the store when he accidentally swallowed a piece of bubblegum and started choking.

The boy’s mother pleaded for help and bystanders assisted her in trying to rescue the child. When the paramedics arrived, the toddler was unconscious and stopped breathing.

Essa was rushed to Joondalup Health Campus, a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The Western Australia Police had this to say, regarding the incident:

Police were called to Joondalup Health Campus at 5pm on 11 July 2016 in relation to the death of two-year-old boy. The child had been taken to hospital after an incident at a shopping centre in Joondalup in which the child was found to have trouble breathing and was possibly choking. St John’s Ambulance attended and transported the child to hospital, where he later died.” 

The incident is a complete tragedy and the boy’s parents are devastated.



  1. Nikki Paash Khan

    July 19, 2016 at 8:33 pm

    Oh my god…

  2. Vanessa Sciarra

    July 20, 2016 at 1:19 am

    This is why I am a neurotic..Jessica Palmieri

    • Paulina Kanbar

      July 20, 2016 at 11:02 pm

      You are not alone.

  3. Kenea Dhillon

    July 20, 2016 at 1:59 am


  4. Fuego Martinez

    July 20, 2016 at 4:29 am

    Why would you give a 2 yo GUM!!

  5. Shana Skinner

    July 20, 2016 at 7:06 am

    ACCIDENTALLY given gum. May all those commenting negatively go on to have a tragedy,accident free life so you aren’t harshly judged in your time of grief

  6. Barbara J. Spencer

    July 20, 2016 at 10:29 am

    May God Comfort them in their time of grief.

  7. Kids Safety Network

    July 20, 2016 at 2:06 pm

    Here are some steps to take if your child is choking.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *