- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Two-Year-Old Chokes To Death On Bubblegum In Australian Kmart Store
A two-year-old boy has choked to death on a piece of bubblegum, at a Kmart store in Perth, Australia.
The incident happened last Monday in the Joondalup store, in the city’s north.
The boy has been named as Essa Rahman, who was with his mother in the store when he accidentally swallowed a piece of bubblegum and started choking.
The boy’s mother pleaded for help and bystanders assisted her in trying to rescue the child. When the paramedics arrived, the toddler was unconscious and stopped breathing.
Essa was rushed to Joondalup Health Campus, a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Western Australia Police had this to say, regarding the incident:
“Police were called to Joondalup Health Campus at 5pm on 11 July 2016 in relation to the death of two-year-old boy. The child had been taken to hospital after an incident at a shopping centre in Joondalup in which the child was found to have trouble breathing and was possibly choking. St John’s Ambulance attended and transported the child to hospital, where he later died.”
The incident is a complete tragedy and the boy’s parents are devastated.