- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Two Daughters Die After Mom Shoots Them Over Argument
Yet another gun incident is making headlines and it involves an alleged family argument which has turned fatal, in Houston Texas this past weekend.
A mother has fatally shot her two daughters on a public street and then she too was shot dead by police.
According to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, the mother was 42-year-old Christy Sheats. The daughters were Madison (17) and Taylor (22).
Police Officers began to receive calls around 5.p.m on Friday afternoon, about shots being fired, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office Facebook Page.
When the responding officers arrived on the scene, one of the girls had already died on the street. The other sister was in a critical condition and was flown to a hospital but she did not make it.
After Christy Sheats refused to drop her weapon, a police officer was forced to take action and shot and killed her. No officers were injured in the incident.
According to reports, Christy’s husband and the girl’s father, Jason Sheats was not harmed and the motive of the incident is still under investigation. Authorities have however said that it appears to be a family dispute which turned into a shooting.
Christy Sheats’s Facebook page features pictures and special words of praise for her daughters. In September last year she posted:
“Happy Daughter’s Day to my two amazing, sweet, kind, beautiful, intelligent girls. I love and treasure you both more than you could ever possibly know.”
Her Facebook page also says that she was a gun owner and vocal advocate for the second amendment. In March she posted the following on Facebook
“It would be horribly tragic if my ability to protect myself or my family were to be taken away, but that’s exactly what Democrats are determined to do by banning semi-automatic handguns.”