- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Mom Records Ordeal Of Being Harassed For Breastfeeding In Public
Breastfeeding In Public (BIP) has been a hot topic of conversation for a long while now and yet another incident has just made headlines, highlighting this controversial subject yet again.
A Connecticut woman, named Jessie Maher was breastfeeding her baby at the café at a local Target store when a man confronted her for doing so in public.
Jessie filmed the man going off at her and then shared the video on Facebook (see below) which was shared more than 80,000 times.
The video only captured the latter part of the ordeal, but Jessie included a caption to her post on Facebook where she conveys what the man had said prior to the video footage:
“can’t you do that somewhere else?… That’s fucking disgusting.. You are nasty” (he said a few other things under his breath) I responded with, “I am feeding my baby, and I have the right to do it here…walk the fuck away..leave me the fuck alone” He responded with, (as he’s walking closer and closer to me and getting louder) “you are fucking disgusting…you are fucking disgusting…you are fucking disgusting…you whore” he said a bunch more bullshit that I can not remember ….by this point EVERYONE came to my defense! Target staff and shoppers… Then I started rolling the camera….”
In the clip you will see a group of Target employees confronting the man, while another customer stands by Jessie offering words of encouragement.
The video was recorded by this brave Mom to share her experience and show others the bitterness that breastfeeding mothers sometimes face while breastfeeding in feeding in public.
It must have been a very scary moment for Jessie and comments on the Facebook post show just how Jessie’s braveness has been commended. One commenter, Kina Bermudez wrote:
“Jess! You are amazing! Way to go on being HUMAN! For doing what is human and feeding your hungry baby! And for everyone around you and all Target employees for coming to your defense! As my voice teacher used to say, “Maybe he wasn’t breastfeed long enough.” It’s clear that ignorant moron wasn’t! Keep doing what you’re doin’! Motherhood wins out!”
This will probably not be the last BIP incident, but it certainly has served as a reminder of what Breastfeeding Mothers have to unnecessarily endure.