Internet Blames Parents After Child Crushed To Death At Rotating Restaurant

Keep Reading ↓

A 5-year-old boy died last Friday in a tragic accident at a rotating restaurant.

He was just a few feet away from his family when the horrible accident occurred, and yet again – the internet is already blaming the child’s parents for his death.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution said the child and his family were dining at the Sun Dial, a rotating restaurant in Atlanta located on the 72nd floor of the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel.

The floor of the restaurant slowly rotates and one way or another, the boy got caught between the wall and a table as the dining area continued to rotate. The family’s table was situated by a window, but the child wandered for a moment and got crushed just a few feet from where his parents were sitting.

Patrons and staff at the restaurant were able to free him and the floor automatically stopped rotating once he became stuck. Sadly, the boy was severely injured by then. Atlanta Police spokesman Warren Pickard said, “A small child don’t know what to do in those moments, and it crushed his little small body.”

“We simply think he lost sight of his parents and panicked and found himself in that situation,” Pickard explains.

Following the incident, the child was taken to nearby Grady Memorial Hospital and died of his injuries later in the afternoon.

This is clearly an awful way to die and a horrible ordeal the parents must be going through, but this doesn’t stop the blame and shame on the internet.

Comments on Facebook such as these, show just how easily parents get the blame:

“So sorry for this little boy. I see it all the time, parents allowing little children to run free. It’s not your home. Supervision of your children is expected. Tears for this little lost soul because of neglect.”

“This is awful – and I don’t mean to blame the parents but they should always manage their kids.”

“Restaurants aren’t playgrounds, they are places for dining. I’ve seen so many loose kids nearly trip the wait staff. If they can’t sit down and enjoy a meal at a restaurant, then they’re not ready to eat at a restaurant.”

I’m sure these parents are going through enough as it is. Accidents do happen and unfortunately, in this case, it had a horrible ending.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *