- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
When your toddler seems a bit under the weather or feels a bit warm, taking his or her temperature is a quick way of determining whether something is wrong. Toddlers can put up a real fight if they have to lie still for their temperature to be taken, so the digital forehead or ear thermometers are probably the better options, as opposed to the rectal, mouth or armpit thermometers.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, a normal body temperature for a healthy child is between 97 and 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (36-38 degrees Celsius). Anything higher than this is deemed a fever.
Remember that if your child has a fever of 103 degrees Farenheit (39.4 degrees Celcius) or higher, along with other symptoms such as vomiting, coughing, loss of appetite, diarrhea or unusual lethargy – it’s time to call the doctor.
Depending on the type of Thermometer used, your child’s temperature can be determined hassle-free and within seconds. Here is a list of the best thermometers out there:
1. Braun Forehead Thermometer
Price: $24.04, Amazon
Quick, gentle and easy to use – simply swipe it diagonally on the forehead to get accurate readings in just seconds. It has a color-coded, large screen which lets you know instantly if there is a fever detected.
2. Temperature Check 4-in-1 Digital Infrared Thermometer
Price: $12.99, Amazon
This infrared Digital Thermometer can not only be used to measure body temperature from the ear shaft or forehead but can also measure the temperature of your surrounding environment and objects. Accurate results are produced within 1 second.
3. HuBDIC Non-Contact Baby Thermometer
Price: $29.99, Amazon
This thermometer is FDA Approved & CE Certified and also Pediatrician recommended. When the temperature is taken, there is no contact with your child’s skin which means no virus or bacteria transmission is possible. It also reads baby bottles, food, bathwater and room temperature.
4.BebeSounds 1 Second Thermometer by Graco
Price: $44.99, Amazon
This perfectly sized thermometer takes your child’s temperature within 1 second and has the ability to store the last 10 temperature in it’s memory.
5.Babynow Digital Thermometer
Price: $43.97, Amazon
From degrees celsius to Fahrenheit – this thermometer can convert to either with a press of a button. It offers 3 scan options for temperature, objects and environment.
6. Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer
Price: $36.99, Amazon
This thermometer has passed numerous rigorous clinical tests. It has proven to be reliable and accurate and is recommended by Doctors. Innovo even says that this product should last from childhood through to adulthood!
7. Vicks Behind Ear Gentle Touch Thermometer
Price: $14.99, Amazon
No touch, just a swipe and the thermometer is able to take a reading – simply place it behind the ear. It has a large and easy to read LCD display.
8. Safety 1st Comfort Check Pacifier Thermometer with Pacifier Medicine Dispenser
Price: $19.99, Amazon
This versatile product can not only take temperature readings within 90 seconds, it’s also a pacifier and medicine dispenser. The packing also has a cut-out reference fever chart which will come in handy.