- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Virginia mom faces charges after she leaves 3 kids for six days to vacation in Cancun
The erstwhile tourist, 30, faces criminal charges.
Aida Margaret Stovall wanted a vacay.
So she went to Cancun, which ordinarily wouldn’t be a problem.
Except the Virginia woman didn’t take her three children – an 11-year-old and 10-year-old twins. And she didn’t bother to get a babysitter.
Now, the erstwhile tourist, 30, faces criminal charges, according to a Virginia CBS affiliate station.
When she returned north of the border last month, via Miami, she was sent back to Virginia by authorities there and was arrested on charges of child neglect – one count for each child left unsupervised.
“What was going through her mind?” one neighbor asked in an interview with WTKR. “You’re millions of miles away… you don’t know what’s going.”
Stovall apparently thought it was enough to ask neighbors to drop in on the kids on occasion while she was on her six-day trip.
“I would have a neighbor watch them, but I would want them to watch them at their house not here it’s just weird and really bizarre,” the neighbor said.