- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Toddler Twins Die In Missouri Pond Accident
In Kansas City, Mo., a 3-year-old girl and her twin brother died in a horrific accident in a Missouri pond. The twins apparently wandered from their home as their father slept, authorities said.
Platte County Undersheriff Maj. Erik Holland said that the twins, Arrabelle and Elijah Wagner were found this past Monday, in the private pond behind their home near Edgerton which is about 30 miles north of Kansas City.
When their father woke up and realized they were missing, he called 911 twice and so did frantic neighbors.
Arrabelle was the first one found. Someone was trying to revive her when emergency crews arrived. They then rushed her to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
People scoured the house thinking that Elijah might have gone inside to call for help. During this time divers searched the pond, where Elijah was eventually found, near a covered dock.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Holland said: “We don’t have anything at this point that leads us to believe that this was anything other than a tragic accident, but as with all deaths, we’re going to investigate it thoroughly,”
Investigators are talking with the children’s father and no information was immediately available about their mother.