- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Toddler Dies After Being Trapped Under Bean Bag Chair At Daycare
A one-year-old Utah boy is dead after suffocating under a bean bag chair at a daycare. It’s believed an adult sat on the chair unaware the boy was under it.
A one-year-old Utah boy is dead after suffocating while under a bean bag chair at a daycare.
Leonardo Sanchez, 1, was days away from his second birthday when he died after what police are describing as an “unfortunate accident.”
“I want to know why my baby’s gone,” Leonardo’s mother, Danielle Sanchez, said to NBC affiliate, KSL News.
According to officials, Leonardo was playing with other kids at a daycare centre on Sept. 8 when he went to hide under bean bag chairs. That’s when it’s believed an adult – who Sanchez said is a worker at the centre – sat on one of the chairs.
“It was a pile of bean bags and he was stuck under it while a teacher sat on it to read a story for at least five minutes,” Sanchez explained to KSL News. “And when they pulled him out he wasn’t responsive.”
Now, Sanchez is demanding answers.
“How many kids were in the room? How many teachers were watching them? Why wasn’t he kept track of? He’s not a small child, he’s two – he’s going to be two.”
Tom Hudachko, director of communications for the Utah department of health, said they are currently investigating the incident.
“We’ve had a licensor out this morning whose been inspecting the facility, and speaking with the staff and speaking with the owners.”