- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Toddler In Critical Condition After Falling Down Stairs
Devyn Wayne Grabowski turned 22-months-old Wednesday, lying in a hospital bed.
The Niagara Falls toddler is in critical condition at Women and Children’s Hospital.
Town of Tonawanda Police are investigating what led to his injuries. They received a first aid call Oct.5 from Sheridan Drive; it was for a toddler who had fallen down the stairs.
Devyn’s mother, Caitlyn Moebs, told us he wasn’t in her care at the time. Her mother and Devyn’s father currently have custody of the child.
The toddler suffered spinal fractures and may have brain damage.
“It’s been awful. A lot of tears. A lot of pain. Just seeing him lay there with tubes and not moving, it’s heartbreaking,” she said.
Friday, she was preparing to let go, when Devyn wasn’t showing any signs of improvement.
“They let me lay in bed with him and just feeling him move underneath me was heartbreaking. And we baptized him Friday morning at about 8 o’clock.”
But then, little Devyn turned a corner; he was taken off his paralytic and started to move again.
“I’ve cried everyday, numerous times a day if not all day. And hearing that, it was great news,” Moebs told News 4.
It’s still going to be an uphill battle for the little boy. The family has created a Go Fund Me Page to help with medical expenses.