- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Teenage Girl Escapes Kidnapping Attempt In Lockport Township
A 15-year-old girl from Lockport, IL who was waiting for her school bus, was nearly abducted when a man got out of his car and tried to grab her.
The victim informed police that while she was waiting for her bus at around 6:30 a.m., a small, silver, 4-door vehicle drove towards and parked near her. An older white male who had short gray hair, got out of the car, approached her and grabbed her around the waist. He attempted to pull her into the car, but she was able to break free and run home, police said.
Thankfully, she did not sustain any injuries.
The teen said that the vehicle had several large rust spots on it, especially around the trunk area. She also told police she had seen the vehicle near the bus stop before. The same male suspect had previously offered her a ride she recounted.
Will County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kathy Hoffmeyer said that police have increased their presence in the area and around area schools and school districts in the area have also been notified of the incident.