- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Single Mom Dresses Up As A Man For ‘Dads And Doughnuts’ At Kid’s School
A Utah single mom’s Facebook post for her son has gone viral.
In the post, Whitney Kittrell said that when she became a single mother over three years ago, she made a promise with herself to do anything she could to give her children a normal life – even if it meant doing things outside of her comfort zone.
“ Trips alone, teaching her son how to play catch and killing bugs with “minimal” screaming” she described as some of the things which she had to do.
“But when my kindergartner came home with a paper saying that they were having ‘dads and doughnuts’ my heart kinda sank,” she said. I finally sat him down and asked him if he wanted to ask his grandpa to go.”
The boy said “no.”
“He just smiled and said, ‘No. I want you to go. You’re my mom and dad,’” Kittrell’s post on Facebook said.
So that morning, Kittrell put on her best “dad outfit,” painted on some facial hair and went to breakfast with her son.“I was so embarrassed, but I couldn’t help but smile when he introduced me to his little friends saying ‘this is my mom… she’s my dad too so I brought her!'”
Mom of 2, Kittrell, said she’s tried her best to let her kids know they are loved, but she sometimes wonders if she’s actually succeeding at it.
“When I went to leave he ran after me and hugged me tight around my neck and whispered ‘mom… I know that you’ll always be there and do anything for me. Thank you. I love you’ kissed my cheek and ran off. I hope he remembers this day cause I’ll never forget it or his sweet words.”
Kittrell’s Facebook post has already been shared over 44000 times!