- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
RECALL: Children Homeopathic Medicines
Several homeopathic children’s medications sold in CVS stores nationwide are being recalled by the manufacturer.
Raritan Pharmaceuticals, a contract manufacturer for Homeolab USA, is voluntarily recalling homeopathic products containing belladonna extract (see products below) due to the potential for variation in the content of belladonna extract in the products.
The U.S. FDA has tested some products and recovered varying levels of belladonna extract content from what is declared on the label. Raritan Pharmaceuticals is a contract manufacturer of these products for Homeolab USA that supplies the belladonna blends to Raritan Pharmaceuticals.
- UPC: 050428424162
Product: CVS Homeopathic Infants’ Teething Tablet 135 tablets
(Please note that CVS has already taken a market action on this product as of September 30, 2016) Lots: 41116 and 43436
- UPC: 778159090639
Product: Kids Relief Homeopathic Ear Relief Oral Liquid 0.85 fl. oz. Lot: 35254
- UPC: 050428441633
Product: CVS Homeopathic Kids’ Ear Relief Liquid 0.85 fl. oz. Lot: 33149
No other Homeolab or Raritan products are affected.
The homeopathic products have a very small amount of belladonna, a substance that can cause harm at larger doses. The company is voluntarily recalling the product out of an abundance of caution.
These products were distributed nationwide. Consumers with any product being recalled should stop using the product. Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact Raritan Pharmaceuticals by phone at 1-866-467-2748 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST.
Consumers should contact their physician or health care provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this drug product. Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program:
Complete and submit the report online at www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htmor download and complete the form, then submit it via fax at 1-800-FDA-0178.