- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Recall Alert: IKEA SNIGLAR Cribs
IKEA’s SNIGLAR cribs are being recalled because the crib’s slats can become detached from the top or bottom rail and create dangerous gaps.
IKEA Canada has recalled their IKEA SNIGLAR cribs because the cribs’ slats are able to detach from the top or bottom rail and create a gap. The affected cribs have the model number 502.485.41, measure 70 cm x 132 cm, and have the manufacturing date code of 15342. They are beech wood in colour, with rounded slats around the whole frame.
The recall was issued after Health Canada’s sampling and evaluation program determined that the cribs do not meet the requirements of the Cribs, Cradles, and Bassinets Regulations in Canada. Due to the gap created by the detached crib slats, a child could become entrapped in the crib, fall, or be cut by the slats.
Neither Health Canada nor IKEA Canada has received any reports of consumer incidents or injuries related to the use of these cribs in Canada.
Approximately 175 units of the recalled cribs were sold in Canada between August 2015 and September 2016.
What should you do?
If you own one of the recalled cribs, you should stop using it immediately and return it to any IKEA store for a full refund. Proof of purchase is not required by IKEA for this recall. For more information, consumers may contact IKEA Canada by telephone toll free at 1-800-661-9807 or visit IKEA’s website.