- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Recall Alert: Frozen Pizza Recalled For Possible Listeria Contamination
A Vernon company has issued a recall of 21,000 pounds of frozen pizza sold at Walmart stores, due to the possibility of Listeria contamination.
The 16-inch pizza made by RBR Meat Co. is sold as “Marketside Extra Large Supreme Pizza“. It has a lot code 20547.
Routine tests by the company displayed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in pizza produced on Feb. 23, 2017. This is according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Every year, about 1,600 people are infected with listeriosis and of those, 260 die – says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Symptoms of listeriosis include fever, muscle aches, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal issues. Pregnant women, newborns, older adults and people with weakened immune systems are most at risk.
The company said no confirmed reports of illness have been made.
The pizza is sold at Walmart stores throughout the West Coast and anyone who purchased the product is urged to throw it away or return it to the store of purchase.