- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Rape Victim’s New-born Baby Stolen At Hospital By Alabama Child Protective Services
Being a rape victim is probably one of the most horrifying things to go through. Falling pregnant as a result of that act is even more traumatic and is not unheard of. Many of these rape victims will opt for an abortion however others feel differently and will decide to keep the baby.
This is what a 14-year-old rape victim from Alabaster, Alabama bravely decided and has recently given birth to a healthy baby boy named Braelon.
Two days after giving birth to him, the new Mom couldn’t wait to get home start this new chapter of her life but the hospital did not give them the go ahead for some reason.
A Social Worker from the Shelby Baptist Medical Center then took her baby from her and the only reason given to her was: “It’s protocol”. There weren’t even any court papers to substantiate this act.
According to reports, the Department of Human Resources (DHR) had to be contacted after the rape incident as the girl was still a minor. Once reported to the police, they, in turn, reported it to the DHR.
A DHR supervisor, along with three Alabaster police officers, the shift supervisor, a detective, two security personnel as well as the hospital Director of Risk Management/Compliance took the baby away from his Mom’s arms after she had fed him.
The 14-year-old and her family, who were fully supportive of her and her new baby, were totally shocked and at first could not understand why the hospital did not want them to go home.
To make matters worse, the 14-year-old mother and her brother have also been taken into DHR custody and once again there was no paperwork, no court order, and no reason was given.
Unsurprisingly, the Social Workers involved in this case are now receiving lots of negative attention from readers all over the internet, who question why a baby would be taken away from its Mother in such a way.
There is clearly more to this story but instead of speculating, let’s just hope that the Baby’s interest is always at the front of this.
A Facebook Page has been set up in support of this family, titled SAVE Braelon’s Family.