- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Newborn Baby Rescued After Mother Allegedly Dumps Her in Walmart Trash
4-Hour-Old Baby Rescued From Walmart Trash Can
A baby girl just 4 hours old, was thrown in a Walmart garbage in New Roads, Louisiana, on Christmas Eve.
Fortunately, the baby was saved by a cleaning crew member, who noticed the trash bin was weightier than usual.
The baby was not breathing when the attendant found her but was taken to a nearby hospital and resuscitated.
Later that night she was in a stable condition and was transported to Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital in Baton Rouge.
The child’s mother is 34-year-old Kyandrea Thomas, who has been charged with second-degree murder after reportedly confessing to Police Officials.
Thomas was found in a hospital after complications from the delivery.
Another Walmart employee had seen her bleeding in the bathroom earlier that day, however she had allegedly told them it was just a heavy menstrual cycle.
It’s puzzling why the Mother did this.
Under Louisiana’s “Safe Haven” law, parents have the right to drop unwanted children off at hospitals, police precincts or fire stations with no questions asked.
Thomas is a convicted felon on a negligent homicide charge from an incident in 2009, where a 3-year-old girl died after she left the child in a van for 6 hours.