- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Nanny Arrested After Burning Toddler With Curling Iron
A New York Nanny is facing multiple charges after being caught on camera burning a two-year-old boy with a curling iron.
The boy’s parents had a nanny cam installed in their home and reviewed footage from the nanny cam after noticing the child had burns on his fingers and legs. The video shows the nanny checking to make sure the curling iron is hot then she touches it to his legs and hands.The boy’s mother is devastated and disgusted that someone she trusted her child with could do this.
“My heart skips beats because I don’t know what I don’t know,” said Angela Persaud.
Persaud has shared the story as a warning for parents to double and triple check who they choose to care for their children.
“You can’t just trust that an agency is going to do the right thing by you,” said Persaud.
The nanny had reportedly told her she was frustrated and her son was being bad earlier. “She said he hit her earlier. Well, he’s going to be three, there’s a reason they call it the ‘terrible twos, they do that a lot,” said Persaud.
21-year-old Nosipho Nxumalo was arrested on charges of assault, criminal possession of a weapon and endangering the welfare of a child. Nxumalo reportedly told investigators that she was tired from a long week. According to her, the boy wasn’t listening, so she wanted to discipline him.