A Mothers Heartbreaking Warning About Phone Chargers Left Around Children

Keep Reading ↓

A Mother has taken to social media to warn other parents about leaving phone chargers lying around the house. Her warning comes after her daughter was badly burnt.

Courtney Davis’s 19-month-old daughter has suffered from an electrical burn to the corner of her mouth after sucking a phone charger cord.

“We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it,” Courtney wrote.

he Mother shared photos of the progress of her daughter’s burn, which looked to get worse in the days following the injury.

Image credit: Facebook

Miraculously, Courtney said that her daughter hasn’t acted like the injury bothers her.

Courtney explained that a busy day had led to the cord slipping her mind.
“Any other day my charger wouldn’t have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn’t have time to move it.”

“It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn’t moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn.’

Doctors said they were not able to give Courtney’s daughter anything to help with the burn.

The Mother said that she only discovered how little other parents thought about the dangers of mobile phone cords after she told her own story on a parent’s forum.

Image credit: Facebook

So I wasn’t going to post about this until I posted in a mom group and found out many parents don’t think twice about the danger of a phone charger around children,’‘ she wrote.

“Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.”

Father Removes Kids From Private School Over This Flag

Image Credit : WIS

A Midlands Father is taking his children out of a private school in Columbia because school officials would not let him display the Confederate flag on his truck while on school property.

Rhett Ingram says that Heathwood Hall is the only school his children have ever known. In fact, he was paying about $26,000 annually to send his kids to the private school. However, when school officials told him to leave his Confederate flag at home, the father of two wouldn’t budge.

“This just ain’t right,” Ingram said.

He said that he began flying the Confederate flag on his truck in 2016 after recent national efforts against the flag.

“I felt like it was being taken. It’s like, ‘wait a minute – that flag doesn’t mean I’m racist,‘” Ingram said. “It doesn’t mean I hate people.”

The father of two says that his children have been attending Heathwood Hall since they were just four years old, and now 14 and 11. But Ingram says he didn’t always fit in with the other parents.

“I drive a truck. I show up dirty, and sweaty and nasty. I might not be eloquent and I don’t have a degree,” Ingram said.

When the Father showed up on school grounds with a confederate flag on that truck in 2016, Ingram says he was approached by the school’s headmaster.

“We had complaints and your flag’s not welcome here,” is what Ingram claims the headmaster told him.

He says after a sit-down and multiple discussions, “Basically, at the end of the day he didn’t change his view and I didn’t change mine.”

This week, Ingram enrolled his children into a local public school hoping his kids understand his actions, even if they don’t just yet.

Ultimately, my children are the ones that hurt. It meant more to me for when my kids get old, they look back and say, ‘you know what, dad told me to stand for what’s right.’ Always,” Ingram said.

The school has placed Ingram on a No Trespass Notice at the end of September. As a private institution, the school has a legal right to ban the flag on its property.

The school has not provided any comments to the allegations.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *