- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Mother Faces Charges After Amber Alert Of Her 4-Year-Old Child
In Columbus, Ohio, the Mom of a 4-year-old faces charges after reporting her car had been stolen with her little daughter inside it. Police are now saying she made up the story because she wanted them to find her car faster.
Earlier this week, an Amber Alert was issued across central Ohio for the little girl. According to Police, Jessica Pickett called 911 around 7:30 and said that her car had been stolen from outside her home and that her 4-year-old daughter was inside it.
The Mother reportedly told police that she was putting her children into the car at the time. As she put the little girl in the back seat, she went back inside to get her other child when the car was stolen.
A city-wide search was prompted and police say that “every resource” was used to find the girl.
After the little girl was found safely, Pickett reportedly confessed the girl had been at her godmother’s house.Pickett was then charged with falsification.
A suspect was later taken into custody and the stolen car was found a couple miles away.