- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Mother Arrested After 5-Year-Old Daughter Accidentally Shoots Herself
A Mother from Chicago is facing a child endangerment charge after her 5-year-old daughter accidentally shot herself in their home. 22-year-old Larrinita Starks was taken into custody and has been charged with misdemeanor child endangerment.
The child was inside the home in the city’s East Garfield Park neighborhood when she shot herself in the stomach.
The next door neighbor , Jadari Perry heard the gunshot. He said:
“I was doing my homework. I went outside to see where it came from,” Perry said.
Perry said that a family member drove her to Rush University Medical Center. The girl was then reportedly transferred to another Hospital, where she is currently listed in serious condition.
Investigators are trying to figure out how the little girl was able to get her hands on the gun.
Every year, hundreds of fatal accidents occur with children and guns. This is yet another one of those tragic occurrences.
Starks is due to appear in court on March 16th.