- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Mother arrested after 2-year-old son shoots 1-year-old sibling
BATON ROUGE, La. – Police have arrested a woman in Louisiana after her 1-year-old daughter was accidentally shot in the face by her 2-year-old son.
Baton Rouge Police say 23-year-old Crystal Kinchen was arrested Wednesday and faces a charge of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. Online jail records do not list an attorney for her.
Sgt. L’Jean McKneely says the shooting happened Tuesday night while the two children were alone in a car that was parked at a strip mall.
READ MORE: IMPORTANT GUN SAFETY TIPS FOR ALL PARENTS
Police say the 2-year-old boy picked up a gun that was left in the vehicle, and it accidentally discharged and struck the 1-year-old girl.
McKneely says the family drove the child to the hospital rather than waiting for an ambulance.
The 1-year-old is in critical condition.