- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Mom Leaves Baby In Car – Man Posts Video on Facebook
The Richmond Police department are now investigating a case, after a man posted a video on Facebook of a Mother who leaves her baby crying in the car, while she enters a store to buy a video game.
The video has been viewed over 1 million times, shared over 20 000 times and many outraged parents commented on the post.
A Mom of 3, Yvette Gomez, commented on the post saying:
It really isn’t that hard to take the car seat out of the car and take the baby with you inside! I just had my 3rd child and all of my children go with me everywhere unless daddy waits with them inside the car. This is ridiculous especially since someone can easily reach inside the car and take the baby out or the baby could have suffocated under the blanket but of course she would have played the victim if something did happen! Stupid stupid stupid!!
Another Mom, Kelly Karatzakislls also posted a comment declaring her disgust:
“Cannot believe people, let alone other mothers are defending this behavior. A mother is someone who puts their children needs above their own, all the time. It’s your job as a mother to love and protect your child and leaving them alone with even a slight chance of anything happening is completely irresponsible and neglectful. That man could of easily taken that child, that child could of been choking, anything is possible. Just that baby crying and no one coming to soothe them is painful enough to watch. If you cannot depend on your parents, who can you depend on? 😟”
The man who filmed the woman, Manny Williams, is being commended by some commenters for filming the incident while others are saying he should have broke the window open and taken the baby out.
“He should have busted her window out, taken the baby out of the car and called 911” said Jennifer Billings.
Regardless of what Manny done, no baby should be left alone in a car for any reason.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, only two hours after Manny’s call to 911 emergency services, two officers arrived at the scene and police later interviewed the Mother at her home.
According to the Police, the baby was left in the car for less than 10 minutes but they have forwarded their investigation to the Contra Costa County district attorney’s office.
It’s a violation of the California Vehicle Code to leave children under the age of seven in a car by themselves, yet no charges have been filed.