- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Kids II Canada Co’s Recall Oball Rattles
Close to 700,000 of the popular Oball toy has been recalled by Health Canada, the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and Kids II Canada Co.
The reason for the recall is that there is a potential choking hazard.
Oball Rattles toys with model numbers 81031 and 81548, available in pink, blue, green, purple and orange are included in the recall.
The reason the recall was issued, is because the clear plastic disc on the outside of the ball can break and release small beads, which pose a choking hazard to young children.
Only rattles with the following date codes located on a small triangle on the inner surface of the rattle are included in the recall: T0486, T1456, T2316, T2856 and T3065.
The UPC for model 81031 is 834282000317 and the UPC for model 81548 is 074451815483.
The company has received 42 reports of the plastic dish breaking and releasing small beads in the U.S, including 5 reports of the beads ending up in a child’s mouth. None have been reported in Canada.
Approximately 17,000 units of the affected products were sold in Canada and in the U.S approximately 680,000 were sold, between January 2016 to February 2017.
If you have an affected product, you should immediately take it away from your children and contact Kids II Canada Co. to receive a full refund.
Consumers may contact Kids II Canada Co. by telephone toll-free at 1-877-243-7314 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, or visit the company’s website and click on “Recalls” at the bottom of the page, for further information.