- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Infant apparently drowned in bathtub after mother fell asleep
A 1-year-old Detroit girl apparently drowned in a bathtub after her mother fell asleep on her couch early Wednesday morning, police said.
The mother had returned home from working a 12-hour shift and fell asleep on the couch, Detroit Police Officer Kenyetta Hebron said.
“The mother was awoken by her 4-year-old daughter, who had wet herself. The mother began running bathwater to wash her 4-year-old when the mother fell back asleep on the couch.”
Hebron said the mother was then awoken a second time by the 4-year-old girl, who led her to the bathroom where the 1-year-old was unresponsive in the bathtub.
The girl was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead about 2 a.m.
No charges have been announced against the mother.
The apparent drowning occurred at a home on the 10700 block of Balfour, located on Detroit’s east side.