- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Home Security: Tips For Making Sure Your Kids Are Safe Even When You’re Not Home
One of the most common concerns for parents is keeping their kids safe when the children are home alone. Many kids often spend time alone after they get home from school or when the parents run errands on the weekends. To ensure that your kids or teens are secure on the property, there are a few home security tips to follow.
Install a Security System
One of the most effective ways to protect your children is by installing a security system from a company like Johns Brothers Security, which will monitor the property 24 hours a day. If a break-in is attempted, the authorities will immediately be alerted and will head to your home to investigate. Many security systems also come with surveillance cameras, which will allow you to keep an eye on the children and anyone who knocks on the door from a computer or smartphone.
Adopt a Guard Dog
A guard dog will be able to monitor the property and bark at anyone who gets in close proximity to the property. They also can be super defensive and protective when it comes to their owners. This can really help you have peace of mind knowing that the family pet will keep your little ones safe and can warn intruders to stay away.
Add a Fence
A fence will secure the premises and will make it difficult for intruders to attempt a break-in with a fence that can include a lock. You can give your children a key to the fence to ensure that they can get in and out when leaving or coming home from school. A steel screen door can also be installed on the front door of the home, which will make it difficult to break down the door or peer inside of the home, according to crimedoctor.com.
Use Motion Sensor Lights
Many people attempt to break into homes by hiding in dim or dark areas that are present on the exterior of the property as they look for valuables that may be inside. Using motion sensor lights will detect movement and will turn the light on immediately, which can startle intruders and cause them to flee, according to techhive.com. This will also allow your neighbors to spot the suspicious activity and call the authorities.
Although it may be difficult to leave your kids home alone while you’re away, there are several ways to ensure that they can stay safe. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that they’re protected on the property with the right tools and products that are used until you return home.