- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Wow. Flight Attendant Rescues Teen From Human Trafficker
A flight attendant became a hero after she rescued a girl from human trafficking. The flight attended spotted a scruffy looking teen sitting on a plane and left a note for her in the restroom.
49-year-old Shelia Fedrick, was working on an Alaska Airlines flight between Seattle and San Francisco when she noticed a teenager, believed to be 14 or 15 years old, sitting next to a well-dressed older man.
Fedrick said that the victim had greasy blond hair and looked as if she ‘had been through pure hell’. The flight attendant said that it was the contrast between the two of them that raised a red flag.
The girl would not look or talk and only the man would respond when Fedrick spoke to them.The perpetrator also allegedly become defensive when she tried to make conversation.
Fedrick eventually was able to relay a message to the girl to go to the bathroom, where she had left her a note on the mirror.
‘She wrote on the note she needed help,’ Fedrick said.
The flight attendant immediately told the pilot about what was going on and he then contacted the police.
Officers then waited for the man at the terminal when the plane landed and arrested him.
‘I’ve been a flight attendant for 10 years and it’s like I am going all the way back to when I was in training and I was like I could have seen these young girls and young boys and didn’t even know,’ she said
Fedrick said she has remained in contact with the girl whom she rescued.
Thanks to this heroic act, Flight attendants are now including tips on how to spot human trafficking as part of their training, airlineamb.org. says.
The former airline stewardess and founder of Airline Ambassadors, Nancy Rivard says she is hoping to incorporate Shelia’s instincts into the job training of staff.