- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Don’t Miss This Video Of Sweet Baby Born In Amniotic Sac
A mind blowing 30-second clip shows just how clever our bodies are – and just how magnificent and fascinating birth can be.
This sweet baby cocooned snug in his sac has been delivered into the big wide world and appears to be none the wiser.
Incredibly rare, an amniotic birth (or birth en caul) is when the baby is delivered with the amniotic sac still intact.
The baby is perfectly safe, receiving oxygen via the umbilical cord and warmed by surrounding fluid. In medieval times, it was thought that such babies were bound for greatness, and that the presence of the caul would make them lucky and protect against drowning.
Usually the sac ruptures during a vaginal birth or is pierced by the doctor’s scalpel during a caesarean section, making this glimpse of their inside world truly magical – we can’t help but wonder what it must have been like to have witnessed those waters breaking!