- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Child Pulled From Pond Identified As Missing 6-Year-Old David Puckett
In AURORA, Colo. a child’s body was pulled out of an icy pond in a park. The body was identified as that of missing 6-year-old David Puckett, the Arapahoe County Coroner’s Office confirmed.
The body was found on the fourth day of the search for David and it is reported that the boy had no traumatic injuries. The pond is just a quarter-mile from the family’s home.
Investigators said in a statement:
“The Aurora Police Crimes Against Children Unit is still actively investigating this incident to determine the circumstance surrounding David’s death,”
While there was no positive identification initially made, David’s family had been informed.
Authorities are still in the process of a thorough investigation to determine what exactly had happened. Police say that there are no indications to believe it’s anything but an accident but the area around the pond is being treated as a crime scene.
Over 150 personnel from numerous law enforcement agencies and more than 200 volunteers helped search for David. Search and Dog Rescue Dogs of the United States initially brought Bloodhounds in the investigation, but a Specialty dog trained to find humans by the specific scent indicated an interest around the pond. Firefighters then went into the water and found the body.
Although the area had been heavily searched since the day David went missing, they did not find any signs of a body in the water. Authorities said:
“Even the family members said they had gone around it and didn’t see anything,”