- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Capital Murder Charge For Mom Who Stabbed Daughter
A 24-year-old woman from Kyle, Texas has been charged with stabbing her 5-year-old daughter, Giovanna Larae Hernandez.
Jail records state that Krystle Villanueva was charged with capital murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
A call was received by the Hays County Sheriffs regarding an assault at a home along Willow Terrace in the Green Pastures subdivision.
A 58-year-old Hispanic male with multiple stab wounds was found at the scene. He was identified as Villanueva’s father-in-law, Eustorgio Arellano-Uresti. The man told the officer that Villanueva had stabbed him and that she was inside the home with her daughter, who may too be injured.
A SWAT team arrived at the residence and when they entered the house, they found the 5-year-old girl dead. Deputies believe that Villanueva stabbed and partially mutilated her daughter prior to stabbing her father in law.
The Sheriff has called the crime one of the worst he has seen in 43 years of law enforcement.
According to reports, Villanueva previously had minor issues with law enforcement and had only been living at Arellano-Uresti’s house for about a week.
Arellano-Uresti was treated at a hospital and has since been released.
Villanueva was taken into custody and is being held on $1.1 million.
Officers are still in the process of investigating the circumstances around the incident.