- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Worst Breakfast Cereals For Kids
In 2014 the Environmental Working Group (EWG) conducted an analysis of 1500 cereals eaten by both kids and adults.
According to the study, the cereals our kids are eating today contain a lot more sugar than it did just a few years ago.
1,556 cereals were analyzed, 181 of which were marketed for kids and on average, the children’s cereals contained about 40% more sugar than the adults’ cereals.
The majority of children’s cereals had added sugar in it – some even contained a third of the amount of sugar a child should in fact be consuming in an entire day!
The EWG recommends that you buy cereals with 4g of sugar or less per serving, or better yet – offer kids hot cereals and fresh fruit.
If your child is an avid cereal lover, here is a list of some of the best and the worst cereals, based on the sugar content:
5 Cereals High In Sugar Content:
1. Honey-Ful Wheat – Mom’s Best Cereals