- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Baby from Oregon faith-healing church dies after delivery
Authorities are investigating the death of a baby girl born to two members of an Oregon church that embraces faith healing.
Sgt. Dan Kraus of the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office says a 24-year-old woman gave birth to two girls at her parents’ Oregon City home on March 5. One of the babies had breathing problems and died a few hours later.
A medical examiner contacted after the death determined the surviving infant needed professional medical treatment, and the family was persuaded to take that step.
The parents are members of the Followers of Christ Church, a congregation that shuns traditional medicine in favor of prayer and anointing the sick with oils.
Several church members have been convicted of crimes for failing to seek medical care for their children, including the sister of the woman who delivered the twins.
Kraus says investigators are collecting evidence to determine if charges are warranted in this case.