- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Baby Dies After His Mom’s Car Hits Stroller At A Funeral
An Infant Has Died After His Stroller Was Run Over By His Mother’s Car
This shocking incident happened at Woodridge in Brisbane, Australia – as the Mother left the funeral service held for her brother.
It is believed that the woman briefly got into her four-wheel-drive to turn on the air-conditioning to cool the car down before putting her seven-month-old baby inside.
However, after turning on the ignition, the Mitsubishi Pajero went into reverse and mounted the footpath and hit the pram. The Mother had left the stroller in the shade.
Queensland Police Senior Sergeant Tony Jackson said:
“(The mother) is distraught and is being cared for by her husband and close family,”
“It’s a terrible tragedy and a timely reminder for parents who have children to ensure they know exactly where they are.”
Paramedics rushed the baby boy from the scene to a Children’s Hospital nearby in a serious condition but died later on.
The boy’s mother was the only occupant of the vehicle and was not physically hurt in the crash.
The Forensic Crash Unit is investigating the incident and the family is co-operating.