- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Baby In Desperate Need of Liver Transplant Gets A Christmas Miracle
Five-Month-Old Receives Life-Saving Liver Transplant
A Wisconsin family received a Christmas miracle recently.
Baby Daniel McCabe was born with a rare liver disorder.
Doctors at Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago said he would need a miracle to live.
That’s exactly what they received.. and it was just in time for Christmas.
After just 40 minutes after placing Daniel’s name on the national registry for transplants, the McCabe family was notified of a liver donor.
The normal average waiting time for a child to receive a donor liver is 86 days, so this was really extraordinary timing.
The liver came from an adult male in his 30s which was cut in half and transplanted into Daniel during a six-hour surgery.
Daniel is expected to make a full recovery.
Dr. Riccardo Superina said:
“It’s really a matter of luck in a sense. While this happened very quickly and very fortunately, there are people who die every day because there’s not an organ available,”
The other half of the liver was used in an adult transplant, meaning one liver saved two lives!
Wow! This is truly a miraculous story.