- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Baby Born With Thick White Scales Over Entire Body, Amazes Doctors 5 Years Later
An Incredible Survival Story Worth Sharing…
Evan Fasciano’s parents learned of his overwhelming diagnosis just 2 days before he was born.
He was born 9 weeks early due to this diagnoses and stayed in hospital for months after his birth.
He did not look like a regular baby, this is because he was born with a severe case of Harlequin ichthysos – a genetic disorder which left him with thick, white and scaly skin.
Evan is 5 years old now and his skin grows 10 times faster than the normal rate. This puts him at constant risk of infection, dehydration and sunstroke.
Even’s Mom has has dedicated herself to educating others about Harlequin ichthyosis, of which there is currently no cure.
Her full day is also devoted to taking care of Evan, who requires 2 baths every day in order to scrub off the excess skin and scales which build up so quickly on his body.
Despite his situation, Evan is a happy and outgoing child who has many friends at his school.
He has a positive outlook on life and tons of support from his classmates and teachers.
Watch the video below to meet Evan…