- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Alert: Tommee Tippee Sippee Spill-Proof Cups Recalled For Mold Issues
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC,) over 3 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups have been voluntarily recalled.
This massive recall, announced May 27, involves 3.1 million cups sold in the U.S. and an additional 227,000 sold in Canada.
According to the CPSC, mold can develop on the removable, one-piece, white valve inside the spill-proof Tommee Tippee Sippee cups when it remains moist and is infrequently cleaned. Mold ingestion poses a risk of gastrointestinal symptoms and infections in consumers with compromised immune systems.
In total, Mayborn USA has received 3,066 reports of mold in the removable, one-piece, opaque valve of the Sippee cups, including 68 reports of children experiencing diarrhea, vomiting or other symptoms associated with drinking from a cup with mold in the valve.
This recall involves five types of spill-proof Tommee Tippee Sippee cups all with a removable, one-piece white valve: First Sips Transition cup, Trainer Sippee cup, Sippee cup (including Cute Quips), Sportee bottle and Insulated Swiggle/Sippee tumblers.
The plastic drinking cups have spill-proof tops, easy-grip sides with detachable handles and were sold in clear with colored lids and a variety of colors and character prints. Some of the cups include short phrases on the front of the cups including: “You Pour I’ll Fling,” or “Drink Drop Repeat.” The cups have a 7-to-10-ounce capacity and were sold for children ages 4 to 12 months. Only Tommee Tippee Sippee cups with a removable, one-piece white valve are included in this recall.
Cups included in the recall were sold at the following retailers between December 2014 and May 2016: BuyBuy Baby, CVS, Giant, Kohl’s, Marco Baby, Marshalls, Meijer, Sam’s Club, Ross Stores, Target, Bealls Outlet, Walgreens, Walmart and other mass merchandise stores nationwide. They sold for between $4 and $7.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cups and contact Mayborn to receive a free replacement cup. Call Mayborn at 877-248-6922 anytime during the week and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (ET) Saturday. For more information about the recall, visit Tommee Tippee’s website.