- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
7-Year-Old Saves Baby Sister’s Life When Stray Bullet Hits Family’s Car
A 7-year-old girl has become a hero for saving her almost 2-year-old sister’s life after a stray bullet hit their family’s car in Oakland.
The girl’s mother informed police that she had parked her car in East Oakland just before noon to consult her GPS when the shots began.
The mother said that when she reached back to check on the child, she saw blood coming from her back. The Mom then asked her 7-year-old daughter to apply pressure to the wound while she sped to the hospital.
“It was like four or five [shots] and then a pause, and then like another four,” “Right after the last gunshot I heard a car peeling away.” said a nearby resident.
According to family members of the toddler, two cars were shooting at each other and the little girl got caught in the crossfire.
She was in stable condition after undergoing surgery. A family member said:
“I can let you know she is stable. And, we just ask for prayers. We’re holding up fine,”
Oakland police are still investigating the circumstances around the incident.