- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
7 Children Found Living In Filth In Detroit Home
The Detroit Police Department recently executed a search warrant of an abandoned home on Livernois. On inspection, the home had no heat, no working toilet and no windows.
It was definitely not a place for children, but unfortunately, the Police uncovered that there were 7 children living in the filth.
The children’s ages range from 9 months to 9 years.
Inside the home, Police found feces and even a dead dog. There weren’t even beds for the children to sleep in.
Diana Dupree, a neighbour says she noticed a child there once a few weeks ago.
“I saw a little boy. I don’t know how old he was – maybe about five or six – in the window. He had no shirt on and I just know it was cold that day. I just said wow – but I didn’t know. I haven’t seen nobody in a while,” Dupree said.
All 7 kids are now in the care of Child Protective Services, after a check-up at the hospital. A 29-year-old man, said to be the father of the children, was taken into custody however their mother was not arrested.
Two guns were also found inside the home and the case remains under investigation.
“It’s sad. I mean I’ve seen people in and out – you know the regular neighbourhood drug addicts and stuff – but I didn’t know there was that many kids,” Dupree said.