- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
Pool Safety Gadgets For Young Kids
About 10 people die every day from drowning, 2 are kids aged 14 or younger. Drowning ranks 5th among the top causes of unintentional death in the US, according to CDC,
Most parents are aware of the basic pool safety rules:
- Always keep an eye on your children, never leaving them alone at the pool
- Teach your kids basic water safety tips
- Send your children to swimming lessons
- Share you safety tips with friends and family
- Learn to perform CPR on children and adults, and update those skills regularly
- If your child goes missing, always check the pool first
Perhaps you follow all these water safety rules but you who want that added security. If so, below are 6 great pool safety gadgets for your home.
1. Poolguard Safety Buoy Pool Alarm
Price: $132.99, Amazon (Affiliate)
This nifty device floats on the water and uses Sub Surface Detection Technology to sense when the water is moving. It will then sound an alarm poolside and inside your home when movement is detected.
2. Pool Eye Universal Alarm
Price: $184.99, Amazon (Affiliate)
This gadget monitors pools measuring up to 20’ x 40’ and detects objects in the water over 15lbs.
3. Safety Turtle Pool Alarm System
Price: $142,49, Amazon (Affiliate)
This gadget is a wristband that goes around your kids’ wrist, when the wristband is submerged in water, it sends a signal, which sounds a high alarm. Also handy for pets!