- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
3-Year-Old Boy Dies A Day After His Twin Brother Drowns
Twin brothers have died a day apart, after a drowning incident which took place in a South Carolina pool.
The two boys and their family were at a social event at a home in Easley, South Carolina.
The children at the gathering were playing outside and somehow the twin boys got into a locked pool area either by climbing over or under the fence.
Another child then found them in the four-foot, above-ground pool possibly 15-20 minutes after they had gone in. The coroner told CBS affiliate WSPA he thinks the boys were in the water for about 15 minutes before they were discovered.
The one toddler named Caleb was pronounced dead after being taken to a nearby hospital. The other twin, Ezekiel was placed on life support, but died the day after.
Accidental drowning was recorded as the cause of death in both cases.
Brandon Marcengill, the father of the twin boys, urged everyone to hug their loved ones:
“Hold them tight. You protect your kids as best as you can. They reach an age where they can run around and play. How do you defend against everything?”