- Study Says Most Parents Don’t Use Car Seats In Ride Share Vehicles Like Uber
- This 12-Year-Old Boy Is A Sophomore Aerospace Engineering Major!
- Fire Safety Experts Warn Of Hand Sanitizer Danger After A Mom and Kids Escape House Fire
- Recall Alert: Peaches May Be The Cause Of Salmonella Outbreak, 68 People Ill
- Summer Vacation In The Days Of COVID: Tips To Stay Safe
- How To Safely Grocery Shop During The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Michigan Teen With Vape-Related Illness Undergoes Double Lung Transplant
- Teen Kicks Off Anti-Vaping Campaign From Hospital Bed
- Teenager Receives Life Sentence For Strangling Sister To Death Over A Wi-Fi Password
- Toddler Falls To Death From 11th Deck of Cruise Ship
2-Year-Old Dies After Being Left In Hot Car All Day
Investigators in Hillsborough County say a child has died after being left in a hot car all day outside a Brandon shopping center.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said the child was left unattended since the morning.
“What we understand is that about 9 o’clock this morning, a relative parked here in the parking lot and in the interim, left a two-year-old boy inside the vehicle, locked, without the engine running, and without the air conditioning,” Larry McKinnon, spokesperson for the sheriff’s office, said.
McKinnon said that the relative came back out around 2:30 p.m. and found she had left the child in the car. Officials says the woman has been identified as the boy’s half-sister.
The relative was extremely upset and distraught and brought the two-year-old into the dialysis center seeking medical aid. The Medical personnel inside the facility attempted to render aid until fire rescue arrived.
McKinnon said “Right now, we have that relative in custody, interviewing her,” He added that they are “Trying to find the parents”. And “Conducting a criminal investigation.”